Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Believe in Yourself

When I first met my husband's Uncle George, a tall Averell Harriman type person, he said, "Hello."
.
I said, "Hello."
.
Then he immediately follows with, "Do you eat chow chow?"
.
My first thought, "What is this? What is wrong with this man?"
.
He told me he made chow-chow, a relish you eat with hot dogs, hamburgers, and black-eyed peas.
.
Uncle George - it turns out he was a very nice man - believed in himself and in his product. He kept on working on his chow-chow product and eventually the company expanded. His products now sell all over the country.
.
He convinced me to buy a jar, and I eat the product to this day. But the most important lesson I learned from Uncle George was to believe wholly and completely in what you undertake. Good things will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment