Sunday, November 15, 2009

Be Happy

“You look happy all the time,” an older friend said to me.

“Oh, do I?”

“Yes,” she told me. “I have the idea that life is good for you.”

“I do feel blessed,” I told her, “but sometimes I have unpleasant things happen to me, also. Every one does. I just made the decision a few years ago to be happy. I discovered that happiness is not the result of only good things happening to you, but rather it is a decision you make in spite of negative occurrences. I decided to be happy.”

“So what do you do when you get hurt?”

“I attempt to deal with it. One deals with one incident a little differently than with another situation. I try to apply the right solution, if one exists, to the appropriate problem. If I can, I put it aside. Either way, I know I shall end up happy.”

It is a decision available to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment